Time to Spread the Love
Celebrate Valentine’s Day by helping your child create valentines for siblings and family members or a bouquet for someone special! Then enjoy some of our favorite books celebrating the happiness of love.
Make a valentine butterfly (with or without the lollipop!)
You will need:
- Construction paper (multiple colors)
- Lollipops/pipe cleaners/popsicle sticks
- Googly eyes and stickers (optional)
- Fold a piece of construction paper in half, and cut out the letter “B” with the fold as the flat side.
- Fold a second piece of construction paper in half, and cut out a letter “B” smaller than the first with the fold as the flat side.
- Open out the pieces so they are two butterflies. Paste the smaller set of wings onto the larger set of wings, aligning the folds.
- Decorate the wings with markers, construction paper cut-outs, and/or stickers.
- Re-fold the wings together and cut two slits in the middle of the “B” an inch apart.
- Open the wings and slide the lollipop, a pipe cleaner or a popsicles stick into the slits.
- Paste eyes onto the center stick/pop and give to special person
This activity has been adapted from Mama Melia.
Make a flower bouquet!
You will need:
- Pipe cleaners
- Cupcake liners, tissue paper, or construction paper
- Googly eyes and stickers (optional)
- Bend one end of a pipe cleaner.
- Thread a cupcake liner (or a circle of tissue paper or construction paper) up the pipe cleaner to the bend.
- Dab the center with glue and scrunch into a cluster.
- Repeat with four additional liners/pieces of paper.
- Fold the pipe cleaner to create the stem and twist together leaving 2-3 inches
- Bend remaining end of pipe cleaner into a leaf.
- Attach by twisting onto the stem.
- Attach multiple flowers together by twisting the bottom parts of the stems.
- Spread the love!
This activity has been adapted from Parents.com.
Family Nurturing Center Event Highlights ParentChild+ and Shares Powerful Stories from Parents, ...
BOSTON, MA – October 26, 2022 – Family Nurturing Center event highlights ParentChild+, for the full press release please click here.
Morans Donate $200K to ParentChild+...
MINEOLA, NY – September 26, 2022 – ParentChild+ is incredibly grateful to Lydia and Thomas Moran for their generous donation of $100,000 this year and their commitment of a second $100,000 in 2023. The Morans have made a powerful philanthropic commitment to supporting parents and caregivers in historically…
Remembering Dr. Sanford & Phyllis Bolton...
MINEOLA, NY, September 21, 2022 – Dr. Sanford Bolton was a widely respected expert in the field of biopharmaceutical statistics, co-founding the Hygrosol Pharmaceutical Corporation, as well as serving on the faculty of the University of Rhode Island and St. John’s University. His wife, Phyllis, was a distinguished…
ParentChild+ Expanding in Ireland...
GALWAY, IE, September 10, 2022 – Galway Rural Development has announced via the Galway Daily, that it is expanding the ParentChild+ Program from the Ballinasloe region into Tuam town next month. Please full article here. ### Media Contact: Ricardo Abreu, ParentChild+ Development & Communications Coordinator Phone: 516.883.7480 Email: email@example.com…
Julian Gomez J.D. Returns to the ParentChild+ Board of Directors...
MINOELA, NY, August 18, 2022 – ParentChild+ is pleased to announce the reelection of Julian Gomez to its Board of Directors. Gomez previously served on the board for seven years before moving abroad with his family. ParentChild+ Board President Jim Molloy enthusiasm at Gomez’s return, spoke for the…
ParentChild+ Receives Historic Increase to $4M in Massachusetts FY23 State Budget...
BOSTON, MA – On July 28th, Governor Baker signed into law the FY23 Massachusetts state budget, which includes a historic increase for ParentChild+ programming, bringing its total state budget funding to $4M. This over 20% increase from FY22 will support expansion into new MA communities, increased capacity at…
ParentChild+ North Carolina Sites Awarded Over $1 Million in ARPA Funds...
CHARLOTTE, NORTH CAROLINA, MARCH 31, 2022 – ParentChild+ is proud to announce that ParentChild+ North Carolina, in partnership with its three local partner agencies, has been awarded over a million dollars in American Rescue Plan funds. Mecklenburg County has awarded funding to two ParentChild+ local implementation sites. Charlotte…
NCIT Open Letter to the Nation...
The National Collaborative for Infants and Toddlers, along with nearly 1,500 organizations, including ParentChild+, have joined together to highlight the critical importance of support for prenatal to age three children and their families. To read the full letter, please click here.
How We Run Podcast, Episode ‘An Unexpected Leap to Virtual Programs’ Featuring ...
ParentChild+ CEO, Sarah Walzer discusses the pivot to virtual visits on the How We Run podcast episode ‘An Unexpected Leap to Virtual Programs’ hosted by Trent Stamp and Julie Lacouture. Click here for the full episode.
ParentChild+ featured in Family Connection of Easton’s 2021 Fall Newsletter...
See ParentChild+’s Family Connection of Easton site during their 6-week Summer Book and Play Club by clicking here. ParentChild+ featured in Family Connection of Easton’s 2021 Fall Newsletter Checkout ParentChild+ as they are featured in Family Connection of Easton site’s 2020-2021 annual report, click here to read the…
Introducing Vidya Ragoo as ParentChild+’s New National Director, Family Child Care Initiative...
MINEOLA, NY, September 1, 2021 – We are proud to announce Vidya Ragoo as the new Family Child Care Initiative Director. Vidya will join ParentChild+ with over 20 years of experience in early care and education. She worked for the NY Early Childhood Professional Development Institute as a…